// Work with us.
CUT/SEW is growing quickly, and we're currently looking for remarkable folks to join our pop up shop street team! Working one-on-one with CUT/SEW means joining an intimate team of hyper-passionate folks who live, breathe, and eat street fashion and cosplay. Perks of working with us include flexible hours, admission into some of the biggest cons in the country, and the opportunity for long-term employment and advancement in a fast-paced startup.
Learn more about our current team here.
To apply for any of the positions below: please email us at email@example.com and include in the subject line the position and city that you're applying for. For instance, to volunteer as shop staff in Orlando, your subject line should be "Shop Staff - Orlando, FL". Please include your resume and a cover letter as a PDF or Word document attachment.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and be legally authorized work in the United States.
Shop Staff // Volunteer Only
We're looking for passionate, personable cosplayers and J-fashion enthusiasts to volunteer as our sales people and shop staff. We currently have openings in the following cities:
// Cleveland, OH
// Los Angeles, CA
// Atlanta, GA
// Orlando, FL
// Chicago, IL
Our shop staff is responsible for promoting our products at the booth, answering customer questions, and acting as spokespeople for our brand. Our pop up shops are structured like Harajuku boutiques, so we're looking for folks who will dress up, show off our products, and guide customers through a personalized shopping process tailored to each person's unique needs.
We're specifically looking for people who have used our patterns and are very familiar with how they work, what their advantages are, and how they're different from typical commercial patterns. If you've not used our patterns before, we kindly ask that you please do not apply for this position.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has previous customer service experience and thrives in a fast-paced, customer-geared environment.
- Is responsible and punctual, and will be on time for all shifts and stay for the entire duration of a shift.
- Is outgoing, personable, and enjoys forming a personal yet professional bond with all customers.
- Is passionate about cosplay, J-fashion, and sewing, and is knowledgable about in-depth sewing and cosplay techniques.
- Is familiar with the latest cosplay trends, anime and video game properties, and J-fashion styles.
- Is extremely familiar with our patterns, and can speak knowledgeably and personally about how to best utilize them for a project.
Shop staff shifts are between 10-15 hours spread out over the whole weekend, and all shop staff will receive a swag bag of free patterns and other promotional materials upon completion of the convention. Some candidates may receive a complimentary convention badge for the weekend. Selected candidates will be asked to complete video screener, as well as a mandatory staff orientation over Skype or Discord.