// Work with us.
CUT/SEW is growing quickly, and we're currently looking for remarkable folks to join our pop up shop street team! Working one-on-one with CUT/SEW means joining an intimate team of hyper-passionate folks who live, breathe, and eat street fashion and cosplay. Perks of working with us include flexible hours, admission into some of the biggest cons in the country, and the opportunity for long-term employment and advancement in a fast-paced startup.
Learn more about our current team here.
To apply for any of the positions below: please email us at email@example.com and include in the subject line the position and city that you're applying for. For instance, to volunteer as shop staff in Orlando, your subject line should be "Shop Staff - Orlando, FL". Please include your resume and a cover letter as a PDF or Word document attachment.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and be legally authorized work in the United States.
Sample Maker // Internship (Orlando, FL)
(Note: This is an unpaid internship, meaning it is a hands-on role working directly with our design team meant exclusively for those pursuing an education and/or career in fashion design or textiles. Class credit may be available depending on your program requirements.)
Our sample makers are technical stitchers who complete the finished garments for our photoshoots, look books, and other media. This is an intensive 8 week internship role where 5-7 samples will be produced on strict deadlines. Any applicants will need to be located in Orlando, FL to take meetings and receive supplies, but this position is remote and all samples will be completed in your own facilities or in your home. The selected sample maker will receive finished look book photographs featuring the sample for use in their portfolio.
- Meet with our designer to go over cutters must/tech pack, receive materials & supplies, and any discuss additional notes.
- Work independently off of design notes, cutters must, and pattern to cut, stitch, and finish garment samples.
- Complete a wrap-up meeting for every sample created that will assess technique and discuss methodology going forward.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has strong technical sewing skills, preferably on industrial equipment
- Is organized and able to manage their time independently
- Is self-directed and motivated
- Has their own transportation and is able to meet during the week for technical meetings in the east Orlando area.
- Is a rising Sophomore or Junior in an accredited fashion design, textile, or stitching program.
Selected applicants will be asked to complete an in-person interview.
Convention Coordinator // Part Time
Con Coordinators are the backbone of our pop up shops around the country and are organizational pros. We're currently looking for coordinators located in and around the following cities:
// Los Angeles, CA
// San Jose, CA
// Seattle, WA
- Receive and transport boxes to and from the convention containing booth display, product, and more.
- Set up and break down our pop up shop according to given specifications.
- Manage the booth during the full duration of dealers room hours, including completing sales transactions, handling cash, keeping the booth neat and orderly, restocking product, and assuming responsibility for all product, materials and equipment.
- Keep an accurate product inventory and cash log.
- Repacking and shipping all product and materials back to CUT/SEW at the completion of the convention.
- Representing CUT/SEW in all interactions with customers, convention staff, and other dealers. This means acting with professionalism, courtesy, inclusion, and kindness.
- Manage a small team of volunteer shop staff, including coordinating breaks, supervising the volunteer schedule, and making sure the booth is fully staffed at all times.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has previous sales experience. Experience with Shopify's point of sale or work experience at trade shows is a plus.
- Is extremely knowledgable about our products and familiar with them from their own firsthand experiences.
- Is personable, engaging, and passionate about cosplay, sewing, and pop culture.
- Has their own transportation for the full duration of the event, ideally a station wagon/van/covered truck.
- Is able to be on their feet for long hours and can lift heavy boxes up to 80 lbs.
- Is responsible, self-directed, and extremely accountable.
This position offers base pay for working the event, plus commission based on weekend sales. Selected applicants will be asked to complete a phone screening and may need to be available for video interviews via Skype or Discord.
// Please note: if you are not located directly in these cities but would like to a apply for a specific city's position, you will need to provide your own hotel and travel expenses. We will not reimburse for hotel, gas, etc.
Shop Staff // Volunteer Only
We're looking for passionate, personable cosplayers and J-fashion enthusiasts to volunteer as our sales people and shop staff. We currently have openings in the following cities:
// Cleveland, OH
// Toronto, ON (Canada)
// Los Angeles, CA
// Raleigh, NC
// Atlanta, GA
// Orlando, FL
// Chicago, IL
Our shop staff is responsible for promoting our products at the booth, answering customer questions, and acting as spokespeople for our brand. Our pop up shops are structured like Harajuku boutiques, so we're looking for folks who will dress up, show off our products, and guide customers through a personalized shopping process tailored to each person's unique needs.
We're specifically looking for people who have used our patterns and are very familiar with how they work, what their advantages are, and how they're different from typical commercial patterns. If you've not used our patterns before, we kindly ask that you please do not apply for this position.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has previous customer service experience and thrives in a fast-paced, customer-geared environment.
- Is responsible and punctual, and will be on time for all shifts and stay for the entire duration of a shift.
- Is outgoing, personable, and enjoys forming a personal yet professional bond with all customers.
- Is passionate about cosplay, J-fashion, and sewing, and is knowledgable about in-depth sewing and cosplay techniques.
- Is familiar with the latest cosplay trends, anime and video game properties, and J-fashion styles.
- Is extremely familiar with our patterns, and can speak knowledgeably and personally about how to best utilize them for a project.
Shop staff shifts are between 10-15 hours spread out over the whole weekend, and all shop staff will receive a swag bag of free patterns and other promotional materials upon completion of the convention. Some candidates may receive a complimentary convention badge for the weekend. Selected candidates will be asked to complete video screener, as well as a mandatory staff orientation over Skype or Discord.